Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Solid Soap Causes Mold and Clog Pipes

Back in the days I used to be an avid used of solid bar soap. I found it very convenient to rub bar directly on the skin when shover. It saved me effort and trouble of putting soap on a sponge or bath mesh, or even owning mesh to begin with.

However, two and a half years ago I decided to try liquid soap for a change to see if it will make a difference. To my surprise pesky mold and clogged pipes, that used to trouble me for nearly decade, disappeared for good. 

Back when I only used bar soap, I could not have traced mold and pipes problem to the soap itself, only a chance experiment like that let me notice that problem was with the soap. I blamed shitty rental units for causing mold to grow, however turned out the problem was with shitty cheap soap instead. When you rinse your hands, foam from bar soap spreads all over sink and into the sewage pipes, causing clogging and mold.

Eventually I read more about what bar soap is made of. It consists of substance called tallowate, that is an organic substance mold and various insects can use as food source. Mold grows because bar soap contains tallowate. In contrast purely chemical and inorganic liquid soap does not contain tallowate. Without tallowate mold has nothing to feed of and dies out naturally.

Later I also noticed that bar soap makes skin on my hand coarser and brittle.

Ever since I am avoiding using bar soap at all and has a liquid soap dispenser with me.

Because of that solid bar soap is essentially a product dangerous to health that indirectly breeds mold all over the bathroom. Because of that it might be wise for government to ban it or at least mandate a warning that it causes mold to grow and pipes to clog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

On Cycles of Gender Relationships

No so long ago I criticized the whole weak men create bad times cycle. Here is how the actual cycle works. Compassionate men see women being...