Thursday, October 19, 2023

I am a Nobleman

I am a noble man.

Not in a sense that I have some sort of virtue 'nobility', but rather because I am like a second son of a petty nobleman. Such people existed in every culture, and each gave them a distinctive term. However, the idea and because of their existence was the same in every case. 

There was but one place in the ranks of the so called 'true nobility' (in UK they are called peers). So, if such peer had two sons, only one of them could eventually inherit the title and in turn become a peer after his father's death. Then he in turn will pass this title to his own son when he dies.

The reasons for that were that the inheritance that gave these people the title of nobility was limited. It was not readily possible to split something like a manor in two or more parts to provide for each son. Thus, only one son, typically a first born, would get it.

That however leaves the second son out. Thus, he ends up existing in a limbo between nobility and a commoner. Unwilling to live like a commoner, yet unable to live like an actual nobleman.

Anyhow that leaves me all the more reasons to hate my father. Quite possible he discreetly disinherited me in favor my younger brother. Of course, it could also be that he lost it due to his own mistakes and stupidity. He was never honest with me about various affairs, always telling me only what he deemed I should know.

Alternatively, the person I know as my 'father', is not my actual father but simply a kidnapper who kidnapped me as a toddler from an actual nobleman and then used me to as hostage to extort money from that nobleman in exchange for my life. Possibly he also brainwashed me to make me forget about my original family. 

I wonder if I will be able to get to the truth eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some Final Thoughts on Understanding and TrueHellDei

One thing that keeps me returning to TrueHellDei is that I felt understood. She was one person who was on the same page with me. She got wha...