Saturday, September 28, 2024

Devolution of My Dad

Every so often I write about how much I hate my parents. However, while my mother was always useless, dishonest and harmful my father was a good person back in the days.

Back in 90s dad used to run several businesses, money from that allowed us all to prosper and enjoy ourselves during the times when others struggled. He was smart and wise too; he would often say deep and profound things about life and such. Back then I wanted to be like him. My current self cringes at the thought of that.

On the turn of new millennium things took turn for the worse. Not only dad lost his businesses but somehow also his wits and wisdom with them. He became dumb crypto patriot who is content with misery of the 19th century Amish style village. Instead of saying smart things, he wallowed in self-justifying bs he lived in and developed sense of entitlement for his past achievements, despite little of these were left behind.

Finally, by 2010s things have reached new low. He became sclerotic liar and thief, who reneged on all the promises and commitments he made to me in 2000s. He stole my money and then talked like it did not happen at all.

Now in 2020s I simply wait for him to die as fast as possible, hoping that some of that money will be left behind for me to inherit it. I hope his death will be as painful and miserable as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mask of Virtue

Dealing with my parents cause me to mistrust people who put their "virtues" on the forefront.  My mother would tell her friends an...